Simple Sirloin Steak
Perfectly Cooked Sirloin Steak
Sirloin Steak – BBQ
Master the art of cooking the perfect sirloin steak for truly tender meat and you'll never look back. Serve with chunky chips and salad for a weekend treat
- BBQ Grill
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Use Quality
- 1 Each Sirloin Steak Angus is Ideal
- 1 tsp Salt – Pepper Seasoning is Vital
- 1 Sprig Rosemary Add if you Wish
- 6 Each Cherry Tomatoes Sauté for a Few Mins
- Remove the steaks from the fridge about 30 mins before you plan to cook, so they’re closer to room temperature. Pat the steaks dry with kitchen paper, and season with salt and pepper. Take a heavy-based frying pan that will comfortably fit both steaks, add the oil and heat over a high flame.
- When the oil is shimmering, turn the heat down to medium-high and add the butter. Once it’s sizzling, carefully lay the steaks in the pan, tucking the garlic and herbs in at the sides.
- With a pair of tongs, sear and turn the steaks every 30 secs to 1 min so they get a nice brown crust. As a rough guide, each steak will take 3 mins in total for rare, 4-5 mins in total for medium and 7-8 mins for well done. If you have a digital Cooking Thermometer, the middle of the steak should be 50C for rare, 60C for medium and 70C for well done.
Master the art of cooking the perfect sirloin steak for truly tender meat and you’ll never look back. Serve with chunky chips and salad for a weekend treat